Thursday, July 25, 2013

Shawn Says..

This is quite possibly my favorite Shawn story, yet!

This morning, Shawn woke up before I was ready to. Liam was still asleep and I decided that I wanted to sleep until Liam woke up. I had Shawn sit in the living room and play on my iPod Touch. I told him that I'd be back as soon as Liam woke up. (For the record, there is nothing that he could hurt, or could hurt him in the there... and there are childproof locks on all of the exits!) When Liam and I got up, just 30 minutes later, I went into the kitchen with plans to fix everyone breakfast. I needed to wipe off the counters since we hadn't last night. While at the sink, I discovered a spoon. Bobby had loaded the dishwasher last night, so it was weird to me that he'd missed just one spoon. I then went to wipe off the table. I found a glob of yogurt.

Me: Shawn, Did you eat yogurt while Mommy was sleeping?
Shawn: Yep. I eat one more banana yogurt.

That sweet child knew his Mommy was so tired and he didn't want to wake me up. He was hungry, so he went to the fridge, removed his last banana yogurt, brought it to the table, got a spoon out, sat in his chair, opened the yogurt, ate the yogurt, got down, threw the yogurt cup away, and put his spoon in the sink. ALL. BY. HIMSELF. He's done all of these things before, but never by his own initiative and never without me around at all! I'm so proud of my sweet boy, and so appreciative of the extra 30 minutes of sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment