Sunday, June 2, 2013

Shawn says..

So.. this was Friday. It ALMOST made me laugh. Luckily I was able to hold a firm tone.

Shawn throws a toy train while we are in the car. It scared me.
Me: "Shawn NO!"
S: "No talk to me like that!"
Me: "Shawn, you can't say things like that to Mommy."
S: "No talk to me like that. I told you that. Shut your mouth."
Me: "Shawn, that is very rude."
S: "Shut your mouth."
Me: "Shawn, you are not allowed to boss Mommy. I am your boss. You are not mine."
S: Shut your mouth!"
I responded again.. he said it two more times.
Me: "Shawn, if you say that to me one more time I will pull the car over and pop your mouth. Would you like me to do that?"
S: "Nope."
And that was that.


And this one, today, was so sweet.
Shawn went to show Bobby (who was working in the tech booth at church) what he made in his class. It was an umbrella with rain. He then turned to show it to me and said, without prompting, "God made rain."

No comments:

Post a Comment