Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Shawn Says...

Today, we babysat at a friend's house. Right before she got home, Shawn wanted to go outside and ride in her kid's cozy coupe car. I knew it was about time to leave, and sometimes when he gets in it, he won't get out. So I said "Shawn, it is almost time to go." He said, "Two minutes?" I agreed. After one minute, my friend pulled in. She and I got to talking, so I set the snooze for an extra five minutes on my alarm. When that alarm went off, Shawn parked that car. He then, saw their other little car. He looked at me and said, "All finished that car, this one next?" I again agreed and gave him five more minutes. The moment that timer went off, he brought that car back into the garage and parked it. He turned and ran to the car, opened the door, found my lunchbox, and climbed in his seat. (Often, getting him into his seat is a battle, so I was VERY proud of him!)

Shawn opened the lunchbox and decided that he wanted to eat the apple that I had packed for him. I usually slice his apples up, but was unable to do that for our car ride. My friend washed the apple, while I buckled Shawn and Liam, and I let him eat it in the car on the way home. He has never had an apple whole before, so I was trying to coach him on how to eat it while I was driving.

Trying to explain that we don't eat the core, I said, "Eat around the circle. Do not eat the top or the bottom. When you get to the hard part stop." I continued driving, he continued eating. Next thing I knew he was saying "All finished!" I looked in my rearview mirror. His hands were empty. I asked, "Where did the hard part go?" He held up the stem. I asked him where the rest of the hard part went. He said, "I EAT IT!" He was very pleased with himself. I about died laughing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment