So today was relatively un-eventful. I babysat a couple of sleepy little boys, then went to target to visit with a good friend and her family. I did not give in to temptation and I walked out of the store with nothing! I was proud of myself. I came home to an invitation to a good friend's wedding. I am so excited about it. Tonight I watched The Bachelor and Castle. I sat on the couch with the two most lovely boys in the world. But the big news of the day is that I read my Bible. I paid attention yesterday at church when it was suggested to read the book of James. Today I decided to read the first chapter. I did. I decided that I needed to take it slower. There is so much in the book of James to reflect on, that I decided that tomorrow I will re-read the first chapter of James. I will just read until I feel something. Then I will stop, and allow myself to feel it. Then the next day I will pick up where I left off and do the same. So today was my overview of chapter one. I didn't really sit and reflect on what I had learned after it, though there was one verse that really stuck out to me. It was James 1:19.

"My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry,"
It really stood out to me, because it is something that I have always struggled with. Today my prayer is that I improve myself in this area.
Love You :-)
ReplyDelete